CREATING ARTIST BOOKS WITH RADHA PANDEY
Exploring the book making process for artist books
New Delhi, INDIA
COST OF THE WORKSHOP : INR 12,500
Includes workshop tutorial, binding tools, paper and materials, venue rentals.
(To be paid once a confirmation of your participation has been sent to you)
SUBMISSION DEADLINE : 28TH FEBRUARY 2020
HOW TO APPLY:
Participants should have a body of work in an advanced state, not necessarily completed, ready for a book.
Applications should be submitted by filling up the form at :
APPLY FOR WORKSHOP
– Applicants can be practitioners of multiple mediums but with work ready for a book.
– If you already have a draft or dummy ready, please do share scans/images of the same.
– Please submit a maximum of 10 images/works/text-excerpt to be placed in the book, along with a brief writeup about your proposed project.
– To provide a wider selection you can create a PDF of max 25 images.
– For those submitting images please ensure file size is no longer than 1080 pixels on the long end @75dpi.
The workshop aims to bring about a collaboration between Radha and the participants to look at new ways of reading books, understanding the various elements within it and the role they play in book building; limitations of the medium and alternative methodologies that can be created within the book format which question and challenge the notion of art books as objects of creative expression.
Within the format of the 3 days we will be covering the history of the book and its evolution into the contemporary format in India, conversation and discussions based on the works of the participants- understanding and questioning the different formats of book making meant for the works presented and learning how to bind your own book.
All participants will be provided with binding tools that they can take home with them along with the books that they would have built and bound by the end of the workshop.
Please note that all emails for participation confirmed by Offset are non-refundable in case of a no-show. For more details please email us at email@example.com or visit us at http://www.offsetprojects.in